The circlip spring is an essential part used in many different industries. It is often used for a variety of purposes, such as holding moving parts together, absorbing vibrations, or protecting parts of machinery operating at high temperatures. It is a very durable material due to its segment spring functions. However, providing resistance to friction and being resistant to high temperatures is an important part that increases the performance of machinery or industrial products.
What is Segment Spring?
Segment spring is a flexible part, usually in the form of a ring, in order to prevent leakage between the compressor or piston and cylinder in machinery, machine parts, engines. It is one of the types of springs widely used in the automotive and aerospace sectors, and in the spare parts of these sectors. It is used to provide a connection between two parts in moving systems or to prevent them from coming into contact with other parts.
Segment springs have a very important role for the machine parts it is used in. We can understand this from the decrease in the efficiency of the machine when the circlips are damaged and the noise that the machine makes due to friction. Segment spring is a spring system consisting of two parts. One of the two sections stays in a fixed position while the other section can move. The ring can be produced in many different sizes and shapes and materials include metals such as steel, stainless steel, bronze and brass.
What Are Segment Broadcasting Features?
- It is used as a sealing part by preventing the passage of substances such as gas or oil.
- Prevents two metal parts such as piston and cylinder from coming into contact with each other and preventing deformation, and prevents friction with the oil added on it.
- It is used for fixing the shafts of moving parts.
- It acts as a safety device by preventing the movement of the parts attached to the shaft or cavity.
In our Anamas Yay company, segment springs with wire diameters ranging from 0.20mm to 13.00mm can be produced.
Segman Broadcasting What Are The Usage Areas?
The circlip spring is used in many different industries. Segment spring usage areas are as follows;
- In the automotive industry, circlip springs are used to hold piston rings together.
- It absorbs the vibrations that will occur in the machine or piston systems it is used in.
- In electronic devices, circlip springs are used to hold buttons and other small parts.
- The circlip spring is also used to protect parts of machines operating at high temperatures.
It is necessary to be careful when attaching the circlip spring to the area to be used. Segment spring spaces should be placed in equal intervals to the section to be used. If these intervals are not evenly, there may be oil leakage from the engine or the piston. This situation increases oil burning, causing economic damage and may result in malfunction of the machine. Although they have a simple design, they are used for a variety of purposes, such as holding moving parts together, absorbing vibrations, or protecting parts of machinery operating at high temperatures.
What are the Advantages of Segment Spring?
The advantages of circlip springs are more than other spring systems and they are widely used. First, they prevent wear and tear by holding moving parts together. By absorbing vibrations, they prevent damage to other parts. The circlip spring can also prolong its life by protecting parts of machines operating at high temperatures.